FreeSoft Project Update

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Feb 19 16:33:22 MST 2004

Hello all.

Sabahattin, thank you very much for your post, which I feel is a good
and needed summary of the loosely scattered posts to this list.

As for the reflector, below is a snipit of message 68 from the
archives.

Going to
http://lwl.romuald.net.eu.org/notelinux.html
, will show who is currently on the reflector (if anyone).

If you go to
lwl.romuald.net.eu.org:2074
(the default speak freely port), you will reach the echo server. The
echo server will send any speech you send to it back to you, so that
you may test your sound setup.

If you go to
lwl.romuald.net.eu.org:4074
, you will be able to get in on the fun.

Also, the following info comes from message 71.

I have added info about how to get onto our speak freely reflector to
the info available about our list.

To access this information, send a blank message with no subject to:
notelinux-info at romuald.net.eu.org
. I have also posted the windows program for speak freely, as well as
a tar ball with the speak freely source made by me from the
linux-speakup.org cvs on my ftp site:
ftp://ftp.romuald.net.eu.org/pub/speakfreely
.

The original speakfreely code and pages are moved now to sourceforge
from what I understand, but I don't know the URL off the top of my
head.

Also, if you have time to chat, but see nobody on the reflector,
please connect anyway if you'll be staying on your pc for a
while. That way, anyone else willing to chat during this time will
have someone to chat to.

I haven't been spending much time at my pc lately, so I haven't gotten
on the reflector, but it appears as if nobody else had
either. However, when I'm at the keyboard, I do connect to the
reflector, even if there is nobody else there at the time.

Regards,
Greg