happy new year, and a happy birthday to us

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Jan 3 15:47:21 MST 2004

Hello all.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy,
healthy, and prosperous 2004.

Also, happy first birthday to our community. Yes, it was a year ago
today that the notelinux list came online. Although we unfortunately
can't claim any big milestones in the software development sense, I do
believe that our group here is a mile stone in and of itself, since if
we all hadn't gathered here, I very much doubt that freesoft would
even be an idea today.

I also think that our second major mile stone is the fact that we
managed to get the linux kernel running on the braillenote as a proof
of concept. Unfortunately, I personally am still unable to get the
linux-vr tools to work, in order to build a custom kernel, and we seem
to have run into a deadlock in our communication with PDI. Even so, it
should still be possible for us to proceed.

I hope that by the time our second birthday comes around, we will have
had made more progress in terms of software development, and that our
membership will increase, and turn into a more vibrant
community. Currently, there are 15 email addresses subscribed to the
notelinux list including myself, and we have 4 members also including
myself in our developers team, and subscribed to the notelinux-devel
list.

Again, a happy new year to all.

Regards,
Greg