Linux on the PK?

Brett Winchester BWinches at icbvi.state.id.us
Thu Jul 29 08:27:54 MST 2004

Doug,  What about Linux on the PACMATE?

Also,  if you can point me to some tutorials on learning how to make gnupernicus?  While I am not a Linux guru a volunteer in my radio reading program is and we have not made much progress to date with getting this to run properly.

      thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN   VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
brett_winchester at icbvi.state.id.us     http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720,    341 W WASHINGTON,    BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours,                    Fax  208-334-2963

>>> dlawlor at warp.nfld.net 07/29/04 12:44PM >>>

>I wonder will it be any easier to get linux on the PK? I saw a message
>from the engineair from Sendero saying that the PK will have a 400 mhz
>processor. I wonder is this thing going to be a strongarm or a xscale
>(spelling?) processor from Intel? I onestly wonder would there be any
>sense in lobbying the rehab organizations who purchase the bulk of these
>products to specify that the hardware specifications of these devices must
>be made available so we can put something on them other than the market
>offerings from their respective manufacturers? Somehow I feel this may be
>the only way we are going to see a change in this industry towards open
>hardware specifications being made available. Something to think about.

Doug