Freedom Scientific Gets Aggressive, Pursues PDI Folk

sandra tomkins sandratomkins at iolfree.ie
Sat Mar 20 05:31:10 MST 2004

Hi to all on the list (from a silent lurker),

  Although I keep mum, I watch the communications on this list with avid interest and have, at last, a question.  The screen-reader on the pack-mate, could it be used on a main-stream PDA.  If so, what would be the advantages to a PM? I use a bn bt and like the braille key-board but could see the advantages, cost-wise, to using a PDA with screen-reader.  Plus, with regard to the braille display add-on, is there a driver available whereby I could plug in such a device to a PDA so that I could get the functionality of a PM without the prohibitive cost?

  I'm sticking with the bn as I like it despite all the probs but am always interested to hear how I can bypass the strangle-hold of the adaptive tech cartel.
Thanks,
Sandy.