Reminder: Developer's List Subscription

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Tue Aug 26 14:47:07 MST 2003

Hi all.

Sabahattin, thank you very much for your post. It is nice to know that
there is someone besides myself who has interest in this project, and
doesn't consider it to be a lost cause, because it isn't in my humble
opinion.

Developers, please do join the devel list, you know who you
are. Sabahattin and I are the only ones there now, and it's lonely,
we'd appreciate more company (grin). Seriously though, even if you
don't have a unit to work with, but are able to write code, I'm sure
there's lots that you can still do.

What is personally holding me back right now, is apparent problems
with the cross compiler, which are preventing me from building a
custom kernel. I would really appreciate it if someone out there with
a gnu/linux system installed the linux-vr development tools, and
reported success or failure. If others have success, knowing that
would help me in finding out what the problem is with my
installation. If others are also experiencing problems, then we need
to work with the linux-vr team to get the problems resolved.

It would also be nice to see this list turn from a ghost list into a
thriving community. I do realize that this depends on us, the
developers, to a certain extent. However, if anyone does have linux
and bn/vn questions, comments, issues, suggestions on where we could
go once the project of adapting the linux kernel gets under way
ETC. please let us know.

Greg