fwd: Re: Any step by steps?]

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Jan 4 20:37:14 MST 2003

Hi all.

I'm forwarding Alan's very good explanation to the list, since it came to me directly.

Greg

----- Forwarded message from "B. Alan Mattison" <alan.mattison at abq.com> -----

From: "B. Alan Mattison" <alan.mattison at abq.com>
To: "Gregory Nowak" <greg at romuald.net.eu.org>
Subject: Re: Any step by steps?
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 20:00:54 -0700

yes, no problem.  Have you installed brltty?  If so, all you need do is
connect the BN to the PC like you were going to work with it as a synth with
your screen reader.  In /etc/brltty.conf find the place that says something
like braille no with no # in the first column.  Change the end of that line
to bn.  Save brltty.conf and then as root, execute brltty by typing "brltty"
at the prompt.  It's that simple.  Be sure to read the README in the Drivers
directory so you can find out how to work it from there.  The magic
combination is <backspace>+<spacebar>+h>.  This puts you into the help file
for the BrailleNote.

I hope that helps.

Alan Mattison
Rio Rancho, NM