would anyone be interested in chatting

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Mon Nov 10 19:25:59 MST 2003

Hi all.

I was chatting with J. R. on the phone a while ago, and got to
thinking that since the list is so quiet, that maybe folks would feel
more comfortable chatting with one another live, (sort of what Pulse data has
with their key talk room, or whatever it's called). The difference
here would be that the discussion would not be moderated.

To this end, I was thinking of setting up a speakfreely server on my
box. Although the development of speakfreely is officially being
discontinued as of Jan. 15, 2004, I have asked Kirk, who runs the
speakup reflector if he plans to continue using speakfreely for now,
and if the speakfreely code specifically modified for the speakup
reflector can be used by our group. The answer to both questions is
yes.

For those who don't know, speakfreely is an internet phone type of
application, with both unix and windows clients available, and the
windows client was reviewed on ACB Radio's Main Menu a while back.

So, if anyone is interested in chatting with other members of our
group, please let me know, either on or off list.

Regards,
Greg