the speakfreely reflector should be up and running

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Fri Nov 14 22:28:58 MST 2003

Hi all.

Provided I didn't mess anything up, the reflector should be up and
running. Since it is 11:00P here now, I myself won't be on it until
tomorrow morning, but folks on the other side of the pond, as well
as those who wish to stay up on this side of the pond, are certainly
welcome to start using the reflector now.

A note about my bandwidth. Right now, I have 1.5Mb downstream, and
128Kb upstream. I don't see this posing a problem, unless we have all
14 members of our group on at the same time, which probably won't
happen. I do plan to upgrade at least my upstream speed, but that
won't happen until at least February.

So, where do you go to get in on the fun?

Going to
http://lwl.romuald.net.eu.org/notelinux.html
, will show who is currently on the reflector (if anyone).

If you go to
lwl.romuald.net.eu.org:2074
(the default speak freely port), you will reach the echo server. The
echo server will send any speech you send to it back to you, so that
you may test your sound setup.

If you go to
lwl.romuald.net.eu.org:4074
, you will be able to get in on the fun.

Enjoy, and please drop me an email if I messed something up.
I look forward to speaking with everyone in the near future.

Regards,
Greg

P.S. If you have a firewall, you will need to open udp ports
4074-4076.