an update

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Thu Oct 6 16:45:36 MST 2016

Hello everyone.

Yes, our lists are still active, but I guess nobody had anything to
say. I've been meaning to post here for a while with an
update. Basically, this list has four of us left on it: Derek,
J.R. Sabahattin, and yours truly. Everyone else has either
unsubscribed over the years, or let their e-mail address go dormant,
and didn't resubscribe under a new one.

I've been wondering whether it's worth keeping our lists around. They
take next to no bandwidth, and very little disk space, so none of that
is a problem. Also, if someone else ever wants to join our project, or
take over where we left off, the archives will be there if the list
stays so those people will know what we covered, which was not the
case when we started, and wanted to know more about the efforts before
ours. That's probably the biggest reason for why we're still here;
that and because having the lists around isn't a problem for me in the
least right now.

As for myself, I currently have no bn to use, and don't intend to get
one in the future. So, my contribution for the foreseeable future would
be to keep our lists running to facilitate discussions, and throw out
suggestions if we ever get off the ground. That's it from
me. Discussion and any thoughts are of course always welcome.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1