saying farewell to freesoft

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Thu Apr 14 15:59:36 PDT 2022

Hello all.

It seems that the e-mail address for one of the people on the
notelinux-devel list has become undeliverable for over a
month. Besides myself, this leaves Sabahattin as the only other
subscriber to the notelinux-devel list.

After consulting with Sabahattin, I have decided to officially end the
freesoft project. It is unfortunate that we weren't able to bring an
open source alternative to keysoft for hardware which is somewhere
around 20 years old today, but that is what it is.

The notelinux and notelinux-devel lists will cease to function after
23:59 hours UTC on April 30, 2022. After that time, I will archive
both lists, and remove them from the list serve software. The current
URL for the notelinux list archives will be redirected to the new
permanent freesoft archives starting May first 2022, until May first
2023. This should give search engines enough time to start indexing
the new URL.

To help whoever may want to pick up where we left off, the freesoft
project will be archived at:

<http://www.gregn.net/freesoft/>

for as long as I continue to host the gregn.net domain. This archive
is already available, and includes archives of the notelinux list, as
well as the information the freesoft project has managed to gather
about the BrailleNote internals.

For those who are interested, we only have four subscribers currently
to the notelinux list. Namely, Derrick, Sabahattin, Sean, J. R. (the
person with the undeliverable address), and yours truly. Thanks to all
of you for your support over the last 19 years.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1